Learning about bats is fascinating for kids. They think bats are scary, but bats do so much to help us. In this post, I share teaching ideas to help your students with learning about bats and their benefits.
Book Suggestions for learning about bats:
This summer, we offered a Summer Reading Camp for selected students at my school, and one of the themes the children asked me to plan was a Bats and Birds Theme. We were able to use quite a few resources from TPT, and the children thoroughly enjoyed the week.
Here are the titles I loved and used for the week:
- Bats at the Beach
- Bats at the Ballgame
- Bats by Gail Gibbons (nonfiction)
- Bats National Geographic Reader
- Fiona the Fruit Bat
Activities for learning about bats
To the right, you will find the theme planner I put together with the activities for learning about bats. You can print the page for your files.
There are tons of free activities for learning about bats on TPT. Here are links to the ones I used with my students for our week.
- Bat Themed Math & Literacy Activities
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat
- Bats, A Project Based Learning Activity
- Bats Craft and Writing Activity for Fall
- BATS Informational Research
Pinterest Ideas for Learning about bats:
Crafts are always lots of fun and can be very instructional. You can use them for following directions lessons or in conjunction with writing activities. Here are a few of the ideas you might like.
other posts you may like:
- 5+ FROG AND TOAD TEACHING IDEAS YOUR STUDENTS WILL LOVE
- 5 FUN TEACHING IDEAS WITH A DOG THEME
- PRESIDENT’S DAY TEACHING IDEAS YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE
- JUMPSTART YOUR PLANNING WITH THESE AMAZING IDEAS WITH A PENGUIN THEME
I hope you find these activities in helping your kids with learning about bats. There are so many more ideas that I didn’t share too. Share yours in the comments please.