Stellaluna by Janell Cannon Activities in Digital and PDF, Fall Mentor Text
Improve comprehension and vocabulary with these Stellaluna reading activities. This book companion provides an engaging and interactive way to learn with Stellaluna. The unit is standards aligned and comes in PDF and digital for Google Slides TM. 44 pages (1/2 PDF and 1/2 Google Slides TM)
Improve comprehension and vocabulary with these Stellaluna reading activities. This book companion provides an engaging and interactive way to learn with Stellaluna. The unit is standards aligned and comes in PDF and digital for Google Slides TM.
HOW TO USE THIS STELLALUNA RESOURCE: Since the bundle includes both the PDF for printing and the color version for Google Slides for projecting, you are set. I use the color version for skill modeling as an interactive read aloud or mentor test. Then, you can use the printed version for your guided reading groups, book clubs, or paired reading activities. It really makes planning EASY, but EFFECTIVE. Check out the list of skills students learn below.
WHAT SKILLS ARE INCLUDED IN THE STELLALUNA BUNDLE?
- comparing the difference between bats and birds to build schema
- tier 2 vocabulary organizer and word cards
- predicting with a strategy called I Bet
- author’s purpose anchor chart and response form
- making comparisons venn diagram and written summary
- sequencing events
- fictional elements (two activities including an organizer and flipbook)
- visualizing favorite scene
- questioning task cards and response form (4 pages)
- and several writing in response to reading options including a class book.
44 pages in all (1/2 PDF and 1/2 Google Slides TM)
OTHER TEACHING IDEAS FOR STELLALUNA Children are fascinated by bats. This unit could be used in conjunction with other nonfiction titles to explore characteristics of bats and birds or tied to Halloween themed activities. Teachers can also use these activities for listening comprehension.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ripper Resources says, “This is a fabulous resource – I love it 🙂 I love the way you include the notes about what good readers do to make that explicit for the students. I also love your graphic organizers – one of my favorite picture books too – thank you 🙂 Kylie
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Deanne B. says, “The students all enjoyed working with this resource. It was great fun and engaging for the entire class.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Rebecca O. says, “My students really enjoyed this resource when I had a substitute and students were online. “
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Wendy Blankley (TpT Seller) says, “Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!”
OTHER FALL RESOURCES
- SCARECROW BY CYNTHIA RYLANT
- IN NOVEMBER BY CYNTHIA RYLANT
- WHEN I WAS YOUNG IN THE MOUNTAIN
- THE FARMER AND THE SCARECROW PARTNER PLAY
- NUTS TO YOU
- FALL POEM OF THE WEEK
Or you can get my Fall Book Unit Bundle: Fall Book Unit Bundle
Copyright © Comprehension Connection. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.