- Are fast paced
- Involve Coming of Age themes
- Include characters within their age range
- Are edgy and that stimulate controversy
- Free of many adult characters…they’re often in the background
- Often told in first person
- Current and focused on today’s teen issues.
Of course another great way to spark classroom discussion is with Google Apps. You might use Google Hangouts for your lit circles or a collaborative Google doc for group contributions. No matter which app you choose, you’ll figure out a way to use them in a unique and motivational way.