Fall Book Unit Bundle in Digital and PDF formats
This Fall Book Unit Bundle features FIVE rich fall themed books and activities perfect for reading and writing workshop plus TWO fall partner plays and ONE fall poetry bundle. You get before, during, and after activities for comprehension and fluency lessons. Resources can be used with small groups or as mentor text lessons.
280 pages (pdf and Google Slides TM)
This Fall Book Unit Bundle features FIVE rich fall themed books and activities perfect for reading and writing workshop plus TWO fall partner plays and ONE fall poetry bundle. The books featured in this bundle include the following:
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE FALL BOOK UNIT BUNDLE?
- A Turkey for Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting (digital included)
- In November by Cynthia Rylant (digital included)
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant (digital included)
- Strega Nona’s Harvest by Tomie dePaola
- The Great Pumpkin Heist by…Me
- The Farmer and the Scarecrow by…Me, and
- A Fall Poetry Collection (10 poems and activities) by…Me
SKILLS ADDRESSED IN YHE FALL BOOK UNIT BUNDLE:
- prereading schema building
- vocabulary instruction
- narrative elements
- cause and effect relationships
- character traits and development
- making comparisons
- questioning task cards
- writing in response to reading
- fluency practice (poems and partner scripts)
- close reading practice
- partner scripts work well in stations
- visualizing, and
- making predictions
A preview for each unit is included in the preview file, and sample pages for each unit can be seen on the book listings.
WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS FALL BOOK UNIT BUNDLE AND SOME OF THE RESOURCES INCLUDED:
- This is a great resource! Thank you!
- Great resource, and very easy to use!
- We did an all school STEM project that required students to work together to build a scarecrow. This was a great way to tie in literature. Thanks!
- This was great to use a small group activity and leave for a sub. It was clearly written and my students enjoyed it. Thank you.
- I used these poems to teach fluency to my struggling readers. They loved reading them and it gave them so much confidence in themselves as readers. I will definitely be buying more!!
OTHER FALL BOOK UNITS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Town Mouse Country Mouse by Jan Brett
- Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt
- Strega Nona’s Harvest
- How Do Dinosaurs Go to School Activities
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.