Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant Activities in PDF and Digital Formats, Fall Literacy
Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant is one descriptive book. Cynthia Rylant’s description of scarecrows and fall make this book perfect for character development, visualizing, and inferences. This comprehension focused bundle in digital and pdf includes Common Core Aligned activities. PDF & Google Slides TM – 40 pages
Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant is one descriptive book that works beautifully as a mentor text for author’s craft and especially with the Six Traits. Cynthia Rylant’s poetic language and description of scarecrows and fall make this book perfect for character development, visualizing, and making inferences. This comprehension focused bundle in digital and pdf includes Common Core Aligned activities.
HOW CAN TEACHERS USE THIS UNIT FOR SCARECROW BY CYNTHIA RYLANT? Teachers can use these activities for mentor text lessons, guided reading groups, book clubs or paired reading, and in centers. There are lots of skills addressed in the activities allowing for close reading practices.
WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT FOR SCARECROW?
- ️Schema building activity about peace
- Predicting organizer
- Vocabulary preteaching page and word cards
- Visualizing including text examples and follow writing page
- A genre/point of view/author’s purpose flapbook
- Story summarizer interactive notebook pieces
- Story Retelling Project
- Alphaboxes brainstorming page for fall and scarecrow words
- Class book about the day in the life of a scarecrow
- Informational article about scarecrows (close reading)
- Questioning Organizer
- How to Build a Scarecrow writing
OTHER FALL RESOURCES
- SCARECROW BY CYNTHIA RYLANT
- IN NOVEMBER BY CYNTHIA RYLANT
- WHEN I WAS YOUNG IN THE MOUNTAIN
- THE FARMER AND THE SCARECROW PARTNER PLAY
- NUTS TO YOU
- FALL POEM OF THE WEEK
GET THEM ALL:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Used this resource for my google classroom and it is really nice. Thanks! ” Ma Magdalena V..
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “We did an all school STEM project that required students to work together to build a scarecrow. This was a great way to tie in literature. Thanks!” Cathlene A..
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This was so much fun. The stories that I got from the kids were so good” Deanna S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My third grade scholars loved this- having a digital component really helped.” Julieanne Z. Copyright © Comprehension Connection. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.