In November by Cynthia Rylant Activities in Digital and PDF, descriptive writing
In November by Cynthia Rylant is a wonderful book to use during fall. This interactive unit, in PDF and Digital for Google Slides TM, will give you LOTS of options. The description used within In November is just wonderful for so many reading skills. PDF & Google Slides TM – 44 pages
In November by Cynthia Rylant is a wonderful book to use during fall. This interactive unit, in PDF and Digital for Google Slides TM, will give you LOTS of options. The description used within In November is just wonderful for so many reading skills.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THIS IN NOVEMBER UNIT: These reading activities will get your students thinking about the meaning of fall and how our seasons change. The poetic language works well for visualizing and provides a writing model for word choice. I suggest using these activities for mentor text lessons, in guided reading groups with the book, for partner work, or in your centers. The bundle is designed in a before, during, after format for close reading.
WHAT SKILLS ARE INCLUDED IN THE RESOURCE?
- a prereading quick write to build schema
- a vocabulary organizer to preteach vocabulary for the book and word cards
- visualizing with preselected text
- making connections
- word splash for prewriting about the book
- writing plan broken down by topics share in the story
- writing in response to reading (framed poem)
- question task cards
- author’s purpose/genre/point of view flapbook to model these skills
- writing prompt for a class book (Fall Fun with My Family)
44 pages total (half color for Google Slides TM and half black/white PDF).
OTHER FALL RESOURCES
- SCARECROW BY CYNTHIA RYLANT
- WHEN I WAS YOUNG IN THE MOUNTAIN
- THE FARMER AND THE SCARECROW PARTNER PLAY
- NUTS TO YOU
- FALL POEM OF THE WEEK
GET THEM ALL:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students enjoyed the graphic organizers we pulled from here to go along with our mentor text. It was so easy for the students to access digitally. Thank you. ” Rebekkah C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These were great for additional and differentiated activities for my students.” Angela A.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This has been great. I love this story and this resource goes well with the book.” Michelle K.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This was great to use a small group activity and leave for a sub. It was clearly written and my students enjoyed it. Thank you.” Elizabeth O’Meara A. Copyright © Comprehension Connection. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.