Beginning Reader Audio Book and Activities Boom Cards: Buddy the Cat
This sweet ORIGINAL beginning reader audio book is about a pet cat. It has controlled vocabulary and is decodable for students in late first to second grade. The student reads the story, completes comprehension activities, writes about the story, and works on S blends.
38 pages-Boom Cards
This sweet ORIGINAL beginning reader audio book is about a pet cat. It has controlled vocabulary and is decodable for students in late first to second grade. The student reads the story (with and without support), completes comprehension activities, writes about the story, and works on S blends. The full resource is a complete tutoring lesson.
There is full audio support throughout the book and activities. It’s best for first to second grade, and I am using these activities to guide my tutoring lessons. You can use it together and then assign it for repeated practice afterwards, as a literacy station, or in a remote teaching situation.
PREVIEW THE BEGINNING READER AUDIO BOOK: BUDDY THE CAT
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BOOM CARDS AND BOOM LEARNING:
1) To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
2) For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
3) For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Click HERE to learn more.
4) The activities are perfect for guiding group discussion, for paired work if you are able to have students work together, for independent practice, or as an assessment tool to check understanding.
5) You can differentiate and assign some activities to one student and other activities to another student within your class with the paid account (recommended), and you can collect data based on performance.
6) NOTE-Once you make a Boom Card purchase, you will need your purchase ID and the link shared in your download. Copy that code to insert when you redeem the deck. If you have trouble finding your purchase ID, watch this video: https://youtu.be/ProQRTJXYEA
OTHER BOOM CARD RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Sylvester and the Magic Pebble
- Strega Nona
- I Need My Monster
- Enemy Pie
- A Bad Case of Stripes
- My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother
- Library Lion
HERE’S WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT MY BEGINNING READER AUDIO BOOK RESOURCES:
- Love using this resource during tutoring! Great story and comprehension checks!
- Awesome resource to use with remote students. I have received terrific feedback from students and families. I love how the boom cards are aligned with reading levels and include comprehension questions.
- Awesome resource for remote learning!!!
- This is an excellent product that kept my kids engaged while reinforcing essential skills. They didn’t always focus completely on the text, and since they couldn’t go back to re-read (or re-listen) they ended up missing some comprehension questions on their first attempts. They could “guess again,” although I would have liked a way for them to have been able to refer back to the story. I’m glad I purchased this resource and will absolutely use it with future classes.
- Great digital resource with leveled texts!
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to use for single classroom use only. Sharing the link is strictly prohibited.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.