Beginning Reader Audio Book and Activities Boom Cards: The Uninvited Guest
This is Beginning Reader Audio Book (11 pages long) and has controlled vocabulary. The student reads the story (with and without support), completes comprehension questions with the drag and drop format, a sequencing events slide, extended response questions, and works on words with short a and long a/short i and long i (sorting pictures, listening and identifying pictures with long vowels, spelling word with long i/final e, and reading words and identify the named word).
This story is about Hanna, Jack, and Max going on a camping trip. It is an original Beginning Reader Audio Book (11 pages long) and has controlled vocabulary. The student reads the story (with and without support). After reading he/she completes comprehension questions with the drag and drop format, a sequencing events slide, extended response questions, and works on words with short a and long a/short i and long i (sorting pictures, listening and identifying pictures with long vowels, spelling word with long i/final e, and reading words and identify the named word).
There is full audio support throughout the book and activities. It’s best for first to second grade, and I am using these activities to guide my tutoring lessons. You can use it together and assign it for repeated practice afterwards. The book is read aloud, but sound can be turned off or down for independent reading.
Preview the Beginning Reader Audio Book:
Things to Know about Boom Cards:
1) To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
2) For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
3) For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Click HERE to learn more.
4) The activities are perfect for guiding group discussion, for paired work if you are able to have students work together, for independent practice, or as an assessment tool to check understanding.
5) You can differentiate and assign some activities to one student and other activities to another student within your class with the paid account (recommended), and you can collect data based on performance.
6) NOTE-Once you make a Boom Card purchase, you will need your purchase ID and the link shared in your download. Copy that code to insert when you redeem the deck. If you have trouble finding your purchase ID, watch this video: https://youtu.be/ProQRTJXYEA
Other BOOM Resources You Might Like:
- Sylvester and the Magic Pebble
- Strega Nona
- I Need My Monster
- Enemy Pie
- A Bad Case of Stripes
- My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother
- Library Lion
WHAT TEACHERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THESE BOOM BOOKS:
- This is an excellent product that kept my kids engaged while reinforcing essential skills. They didn’t always focus completely on the text, and since they couldn’t go back to re-read (or re-listen) they ended up missing some comprehension questions on their first attempts. They could “guess again,” although I would have liked a way for them to have been able to refer back to the story. I’m glad I purchased this resource and will absolutely use it with future classes.
- Awesome resource to use with remote students. I have received terrific feedback from students and families. I love how the boom cards are aligned with reading levels and include comprehension questions.
- Using this resource for tutoring virtually with a first grader! Love the comprehension check and variety of phonics practice!
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.