Beginning Reader Audio Book and Activities Boom Cards: The Disappearing Act
This Beginning Reader Audio Book is about how Max, the family dog, is stealing the children’s things and hiding them. It is an original story (9 pages long) and has controlled vocabulary. It comes with comprehension activities, extended response questions, and word building.
This Beginning Reader Audio Book is about how Max, the family dog, is stealing the children’s things and hiding them. It is an original story (9 pages long) and has controlled vocabulary. The student reads the story (with and without support). After reading he/she completes comprehension questions with the drag and drop format, a sequencing events slide, extended response questions, and works on words with short u and long u (sorting pictures, listening and identifying pictures with long u, spelling word with long u/final e, and reading words and identify the named word).
There is full audio support throughout the book and activities, and it’s best for first grade. I am using these activities to guide my tutoring lessons, but you can also use them for remote teaching, for independent practice, or homework. You can use it together and assign it for repeated practice afterwards too. The book is read aloud, but sound can be turned off or down for independent reading.
PREVIEW THE BEGINNING READER AUDIO BOOK, THE DISAPPEARING ACT:
- Love using this resource during tutoring! Great story and comprehension checks!
- Awesome resource to use with remote students. I have received terrific feedback from students and families. I love how the boom cards are aligned with reading levels and include comprehension questions.
- Awesome resource for remote learning!!!
- This is an excellent product that kept my kids engaged while reinforcing essential skills. They didn’t always focus completely on the text, and since they couldn’t go back to re-read (or re-listen) they ended up missing some comprehension questions on their first attempts. They could “guess again,” although I would have liked a way for them to have been able to refer back to the story. I’m glad I purchased this resource and will absolutely use it with future classes.
- Great digital resource with leveled texts!