Boom Cards are engaging and fun, and this comprehension focused set for the book, Bear Wants More by Karma Wilson, works beautifully for independent work during and after reading or as a group activity as an interactive read aloud.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THE BEAR WANTS MORE BOOM CARD DECK:
Each digital task card has full audio support. Students respond (drag and drop activities) to comprehension questions, sequence the events of the story (2), identify the story elements, sort cause and effect events, and extended responses. This resource is best used AFTER reading or listening to the story. If you’d like to have your students listen to the story, the link below is to the story on Youtube. You can save it for later.
PREVIEW OF THE BEAR WANTS MORE BOOM CARD DECK:
If you’d like to view the preview of this resource, click the link below:
WHAT TEACHERS SAID ABOUT MY BOOM CARD BOOK COMPANIONS:
Great book companion that targets a variety of skills.
This resource was a great addition to my class.
Great resource for distance learning with digital leveled texts.
I enjoyed bringing this up on my screen and going through it with a small group!
- Very good resource. I enjoyed the engagement of my students when using it.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BOOM CARDS:
1) To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
2) For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
3) For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Click HERE to learn more.
4) The activities are perfect for guiding group discussion, for paired work if you are able to have students work together, for independent practice, or as an assessment tool to check understanding.
5) You can differentiate and assign some activities to one student and other activities to another student within your class with the paid account (recommended), and you can collect data based on performance.
6) NOTE-Once you make a Boom Card purchase, you will need your purchase ID and the link shared in your download. Copy that code to insert when you redeem the deck. If you have trouble finding your purchase ID, watch this video: https://youtu.be/ProQRTJXYEA
OTHER BOOM CARD BOOK COMPANIONS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.