Spring Book Unit Bundle with Spring Poetry and Partner Plays
This spring book unit bundle includes materials to use with some of my favorite spring titles. Each spring book unit includes vocabulary, fluency, comprehension, and writing skills. There are 10 resources in this bundle with most coming in both PDF and Google Slides TM. All resources are standards aligned for Common Core and Virginia SOLs.
1/2 PDF and 1/2 Google Slides TM – 440 pages
This spring book unit bundle includes materials to use with some of my favorite spring titles along with my spring poetry set and several partner plays. I’ve included materials to build fluency, work on comprehension skills, and to help your students become strong writers and thinkers. Each spring book unit includes vocabulary, reading comprehension materials to address a variety of skills (visualizing, author’s craft, story elements, cause/effect, character analysis, questioning and finding text evidence to support opinions, and summarizing), and writing materials emphasizing the Six Writing Traits.
WHAT TITLES AND RESOURCES ARE INCLUDED IN THE SPRING BOOK UNIT BUNDLE?
The materials in the spring book unit bundle reach a variety of reading levels, but the target audience for this bundle would be third through fifth. The estimated reading levels for each title is listed below.
- Poetry Spring Collection (3rd)
- Chicken Sunday (4th)
- Sunflower House (3rd)
- The Bad Seed (3rd to 4th)
- Wild about Weather Close Reading Set
- Inch by Inch (3rd)
- Miss Rumphius (4th)
- When Lightning Comes in a Jar (4th)
- The Bee Tree (4th)
- Waiting on Wings (3rd)
MORE ABOUT THE SPRING BOOK UNIT BUNDLE:
Most of the book companions in this bundle come in both pdf and Google Slides TM, so you can project the activities for modeling and assign the printable. The units are aligned to Common Core standards as well as Virginia SOLs. They work well in the classroom setting but also for homeschooling. You might even give these a try for summer enrichment too.
WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT THE SPRING BOOK UNIT BUNDLE AND INDIVIDUAL RESOURCES:
- This looks like a wonderful resource! I can’t wait to use it with my students this coming school year.
- Awesome set, thanks so much!
- I was able to print out all of the pieces and send it home with my learners as an extra science activity. They loved making the lap book and filling in the information.
- So great for close reading during our weather unit! Super product!
- I like to incorporate poems into my classroom in the spring. This resource includes fun and interesting poems for my students. I like the activities included and using these for fluency checks!
- Absolutely LOVE this! Thank you for making this so thorough with not only comprehension but applying the book to their own lives!
- I have loved this book for years and am so glad to have resources to help us use it for more than just a fun read-aloud at the end of the year.
OTHER RESOURCE BUNDLES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Poem of the Week Seasonal Bundle, Fluency Activities, Poetry Lessons
- Patricia Polacco Author Study 13 Book Companions Chicken Sunday and More
- I Wanna Iguana Activities in Digital AND PDF for Persuasive Writing and Reading
- Partner Plays Bundle for Upper Elementary, Fluency Activities, Close Reading
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.