Camping Themed Poem for Fluency Practice
This camping themed poem will be a hit with your students who love the outdoors and adventures. It is an original poem that I wrote to share with my students as part of our Camp Read A Lot week. You can tie it to camping themed literature for comprehension and fluency support.
This camping themed poem will be a hit with your students who love the outdoors and adventures. It is an original poem that I wrote to share with my students as part of our Camp Read A Lot week. You can tie it to camping themed literature for lots of campfire fun.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH THE CAMPING THEMED POEM?
This poem is part of a larger Poem of the Week bundle. Each poetry set in the bundle includes the printable of the poem with color graphics, vocabulary word cards, a comprehension/word study page, and a visualizing page students use to draw and label based upon the details from the poem. 5 pages in all.
WAYS TO USE THIS CAMPING THEMED POEM:
- word hunts for sight words, words with a specific vowel pattern, and context clues
- phrase marking to work on fluency
- comprehension…text dependent questions
- writing prompts related to the themes in the poem
WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS CAMPING THEMED POEM:
- Loved this to be used during our Camping adventure. Always looking for different Genre during our camping outing and hitting those standards as well!!
- Our theme for Summer School this year is camping. This was a very engaging activity using all of the colors to focus on the skills.
- Fun, engaging and rigorous at the same time! Thanks so much for sharing!
- I love this – thank you for sharing it! Great way for students to practice text evidence to support their drawing!
- This was so much fun and really helped my class with all the aspects of poetry! Thank you
- Your poems are interesting and great activities to keep engagement. Thank you!
OTHER POETRY RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Poem of the Week Fall Edition for K/1
- Poem of the Week Winter Edition for K/1
- Poem of the Week Spring Edition for K/1
- Poem of the Week Yearly Bundle for K/1
For grades 2-5:
- A Poem a Week Fall Edition
- A Poem a Week Winter Edition
- A Poem a Week Spring Edition
- A Poem a Week Summer Edition
- A Poem a Week Yearly Bundle
- Building Poetry Pros with Teaching Tools for Figurative Language
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.