The Rainbow Fish Book Companion Boom Cards
Need comprehension activities for The Rainbow Fish? This book companion for The Rainbow Fish works beautifully for independent work during and after reading or as a group activity for your interactive read aloud. With each card, students respond (drag and drop activities) to comprehension questions, sequence the events of the story (2), identify the story elements, sort cause and effect events, and extended responses. This resource is best used AFTER reading or listening to the story.
Includes 21 Boom Cards for Grades 1-3
Need comprehension activities for The Rainbow Fish? This book companion for The Rainbow Fish works beautifully for independent work during and after reading or as a group activity for your interactive read aloud.
Each digital task card has full audio support. Students respond (drag and drop activities) to comprehension questions, sequence the events of the story (2), identify the story elements, sort cause and effect events, and extended responses. This resource is best used AFTER reading or listening to the story.
CHECK OUT THE BOOK COMPANION PREVIEW FOR THE RAINBOW FISH:
If you’d like to view the preview of this resource, click the link below:
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BOOM CARDS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE:
1) To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
2) For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
3) For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Click HERE to learn more.
4) The activities are perfect for guiding group discussion, for paired work if you are able to have students work together, for independent practice, or as an assessment tool to check understanding.
5) You can differentiate and assign some activities to one student and other activities to another student within your class with the paid account (recommended), and you can collect data based on performance.
6) NOTE-Once you make a Boom Card purchase, you will need your purchase ID and the link shared in your download. Copy that code to insert when you redeem the deck. If you have trouble finding your purchase ID, watch this video: https://youtu.be/ProQRTJXYEA
WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT MY RESOURCE FOR THE RAINBOW FISH AND OTHERS LIKE IT:
- I used this with my face-to-face and my digital learners. I love this resource! It is great to use reinforcer what has already been taught and independent activity. My students loved it.
- Cute book companion!
- I sent this to my on-line students during a week I wasn’t going to be seeing them Two of my students are on the autistic spectrum. They loved the story and the work they were able to do relating to the story. They could easily navigate the work!!
- This was an engaging resource that helped both my in person learners and my virtual students.
- My students loved this story and the boom cards were the perfect way to review and discuss the story.
OTHER BOOK COMPANIONS LIKE THE RAINBOW FISH:
- Sylvester and the Magic Pebble
- My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother
- I Need My Monster
- Enemy Pie
- A Bad Case of Stripes
- Library Lion
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to use for single classroom use only. Sharing the link is strictly prohibited.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.