Riptide by Frances Weller Book Companion
Riptide by Frances Weller is my favorite dog book and a great choice as a mentor text for narrative writing reading. This PRINT AND GO unit will help your students get plenty of reading practice with close reading routines. It’s organized in a BEFORE/DURING/AFTER format.
21 PDF pages
Riptide by Frances Weller is one of my very favorite dog books and a great choice as a mentor text for narrative writing reading. This PRINT AND GO unit will help your students get plenty of reading practice as close reading routines are implemented. It’s organized in a BEFORE/DURING/AFTER format for consistent skill modeling and practice.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE RIPTIDE BY FRANCES WELLER UNIT?
- prereading schema builder about dogs
- vocabulary organizer and word cards
- fiction and nonfiction anchor chart
- fiction vs nonfiction text evidence and opinion
- making comparisons between Riptide and other dogs
- making connections anchor chart and organizer
- summarizing information (BME)
- questioning page
- and writing unit for narrative writing about the beach
21 pages in all
Be sure to check out the preview included above for a detailed look at the pages.
HERE’S WHAT TEACHERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE RIPTIDE BOOK COMPANION:
“My students loved this resource!”
“An amazing resource; thank you for sharing your creativity and hard work with others!”
“This looks like something my students will be very interested in. I think it will certainly help during guided reading. Can’t wait to try it.”
“Thank you so much! We’re expanding our Guided Reading for next year, this will be a great addition.”
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
- I am Enough by Grace Byers
- The Great Gracie Chase by Cynthia Rylant
- Henry and Mudge Activity Bundle
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.