Cooking Themed Partner Play, Fluency Activity, Fluency Literacy Station
Partner plays are great fun for students, but they also offer a way to build fluency and comprehension too. This cooking themed partner play includes important vocabulary and before, during, and after activities for close reading and fluency practice. Pair it with Cookie: Bite Sized Lessons for Life or The Smart Cookie and other cooking themed books and articles for a fun themed week.
19 PAGES PDF
Partner plays are great fun for students, but they also offer a way to build fluency and comprehension too. This cooking themed partner play includes important vocabulary and before, during, and after activities for close reading and fluency practice. Pair it with or and other cooking themed books and articles for a fun themed week.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THIS COOKING THEMED PARTNER PLAY?
This four page script can be used with intervention groups needing additional support, in a fluency literacy station during your small group rotations, or just for fun any time of year. It is a combination of Reader’s Theater and Close Reading offering deep thinking opportunities.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS COOKING THEMED PARTNER PLAY?
- The Five Page Partner Play
- A Quick Write about Favorite Desserts
- A vocabulary page to practice with using context clues and Word Cards
- Questioning task cards (12 cards) that hit the higher level of Blooms and require students to cite text evidence and explain their thinking with a response sheet
- A comprehension page for during or after that requires students to record text information
- The How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Writing Prompt
MORE ABOUT THIS COOKING THEMED PARTNER PLAY:
The target grade level for this resource is third and fourth grades. It includes 17 pages total and takes about 3-4 lessons to complete all of the activities included.
For a detailed look at this unit, a watermarked preview is available showing all of the pages in the resource.
OTHER PARTNER PLAYS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- The Great Pumpkin Heist
- The Stubborn Reindeer
- Rockin’ the Rock Cycle
- The Mystery of the Lost Mitten
- The Farmer and the Scarecrow
- Penguins on Parade
- Let’s Learn about Veteran’s Day
- Frosty’s Magical Appearance
- Shiver Me Timbers! The Ocean’s the Place for Me
- The Winner Takes the Pie
- Something Sharkie This Way Comes
- Tom’s Lucky Day
- The Gift of Reading
- The Missing Cookie Mystery
OR….you can get them all at a great savings with the bundle:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID ABOUT MY COOKING THEMED PARTNER PLAY:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Tremekia B. says, “We had a ball with this assignment. Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Joanie A. says, “Used this as a reading inference activity as part of a Cookie themed Saturday Academy. Went great along with “The Doorbell Rang” for math”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Mrs O Knows (TpT Seller) says, “These partner scripts always come in handy for my struggling readers! I’m thrilled to add another to my growing collection!”
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.