Winter Partner Play, Snowman Themed Partner Play, Fluency Activity
Children love reading and performing partner plays, but partner plays also offer a way to build fluency and comprehension skills too. This snowman themed script includes important vocabulary as well as before, during, and after activities for close reading and writing extensions. You can have fun AND work on fluency and comprehension at the same time!
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THIS WINTER PARTNER PLAY:
This four page script can be used with intervention groups needing additional support in the area of reading, in a fluency literacy station during your small group rotations, or for fun to work in additional reading opportunities. It is a combination of Reader's Theater and Close Reading.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE?
- The Four Page Partner Play
- Column Notes Brainstorming Describing Words for Winter Topics
- A Vocabulary Page to practice with using Context Clues and Word Cards
- Questioning task cards (12 cards) that hit the higher level of Blooms and require students to cite text evidence and explain their thinking with a response sheet
- A comprehension page for during or after that requires students to record text information telling the story's problem, rising action, climax, and solution
- Creative Writing Prompt: How to Build a Snowman
- Snowman Glyph
- Winter Writing Page that can be used for a story retelling, quick write, or new Frosty story.
MORE ABOUT THE RESOURCE:
The target grade level for this resource is third to fifth grades. It includes 18 pages total and takes about 3-4 lessons to complete all of the activities included.
For a detailed look at this unit, a watermarked preview is available showing all of the pages in the resource.
OTHER PARTNER PLAYS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- The Great Pumpkin Heist
- The Stubborn Reindeer
- Rockin' the Rock Cycle
- The Mystery of the Lost Mitten
- The Farmer and the Scarecrow
- Penguins on Parade
- Let's Learn about Veteran's Day
- Frosty's Magical Appearance
- Shiver Me Timbers! The Ocean's the Place for Me
- The Winner Takes the Pie
- Something Sharkie This Way Comes
- Tom's Lucky Day
- The Gift of Reading
- The Missing Cookie Mystery
OR....you can get them all at a great savings with the bundle:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Schoolhouse Treasures (TpT Seller) says, "Fun, fun, fun for fluency practice! "
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Andrea Crawford at This Literacy Life (TpT Seller) says, "I cannot wait to use these with my fourth graders! I know they will have fun and enjoy them! Such high quality work with great questions that really dig deep. As always, a wonderful resource to use in my classroom!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Mary D. says, "Great resource! Fun and really engaging!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Mrs O Knows (TpT Seller) says, "Your partner scripts, with their fantastic activities, have changed the attitude of my low readers in my fifth grade classroom. They LOVE reading these together and working on the engaging activities that you have included. I want all of my students to love reading and you are helping me to reach my most challenging students! Thank you!"
OTHER WINTER RESOURCES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
- Owl Moon
- Brave Irene
- The Hat
- Trouble with Trolls
- The Three Snow Bears
- Snow by Cynthia Rylant
- The Mitten
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.