Sojourner Truth's Step-Stomp Stride Activities in Digital and PDF
Sojourner Truth's Step-Stomp Stride by Andrea Pinkney shares the making of a leader named Sojourner Truth. This book companion includes before, during, and after reading activities to make the most of your interactive read aloud or mentor text lesson. It will make the teacher's planning easier and the learning impactful.
What's included in the Sojourner Truth's Step-Stomp Stride unit?
- Story Vocabulary Organizer and Word Cards
- I am a Leader Schema Builder
- Stop and Jot Activity
- Story Event Organizer
- Inside/Outside Character Traits
- RAFT paper (3 pages) where students write a persuasive letter
- Question Task Cards and Response Page (4 pages)
- Research about Sojourner Truth's Life
- Class Book of Inspiration
How is the Sojourner Truth's Step-Stomp Stride Unit Organized?
The bundle includes 38 pages in length (1/2 PDF and 1/2 Google Slides TM). Your students will have the opportunity for learning many comprehension skills and strategies, write about Sojourner's story and achievements, and deepen their understanding of how important it is to be a leader. A preview of the unit included is attached. (New previews coming soon since the digital version is not pictured)