Shark Week Partner Play, Ocean Themed Partner Play, Fluency Activity
Children love reading and performing partner plays, but partner plays also offer a way to build fluency and comprehension skills too. This ocean themed script includes important vocabulary as well as before, during, and after activities for close reading and writing extensions. You can have fun AND work on fluency and comprehension at the same time! Use this during Shark Week or for a fun summer school activity.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THIS OCEAN THEMED PARTNER PLAY:
This four page script can be used with intervention groups needing additional support in the area of reading, in a fluency station during your small group rotations, or as an extension activity for your ocean unit or Shark Week . It is a combination of Reader's Theater and Close Reading.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE?
- The Four Page Partner Play
- Word Splash about Sharks
- A Vocabulary Page to practice with using Context Clues and Word Cards
- Questioning task cards (12 cards) that hit the higher level of Blooms and require students to cite text evidence and explain their thinking with a response sheet
- A comprehension page for during or after that requires students to record text evidence
- Creative Writing Prompt: Story Retelling, New Adventure for Little Fish, or Informational Text about Sharks
MORE ABOUT THE RESOURCE:
The target grade level for this resource is third to fifth grades. It includes 17 pages total and takes about 3-4 lessons to complete all of the activities included.
For a detailed look at this unit, a watermarked preview is available showing all of the pages in the resource.
OTHER PARTNER PLAYS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- The Great Pumpkin Heist
- The Stubborn Reindeer
- Rockin' the Rock Cycle
- The Mystery of the Lost Mitten
- The Farmer and the Scarecrow
- Penguins on Parade
- Let's Learn about Veteran's Day
- Frosty's Magical Appearance
- Shiver Me Timbers! The Ocean's the Place for Me
- The Winner Takes the Pie
- Something Sharkie This Way Comes
- Tom's Lucky Day
- The Gift of Reading
- The Missing Cookie Mystery
OR....you can get them all at a great savings with the bundle:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Brenda B. says, "Students read this at home as part of a packet of work to compete. They made a hand puppet to go along with it. They enjoyed re-reading it when they came back to school."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Erin R. says, "My students will love reading this script with each other! The topic is perfect for all students and will keep them engaged throughout the entire read!! Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Michelle C. says, "This is the perfect activity for my first graders to do with their fourth grade buddies. I am always looking for activities that will be interesting for both grade levels to be engaged. I'm sure they will love it."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stephanie D. says, "Fun, fun, fun! Students will love reading this partner play. I like the high-low reader roles. Thanks for sharing!"
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.