My Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza Activities
Thanksgiving season to use as a mentor text. It has a clever plot, great
examples of voice and word choice, and fabulous character development.
This PRINT and GO unit is EASY TO USE and FUN!
This unit is intended to be used for comprehension and writing. Students analyze the text through before/during/after activities such as outlining the plot events, working with vocabulary, making inferences using text examples, and applying their learning in their own writing piece. You can get a great feel for the unit using the preview supplied.
SKILLS ADDRESSED IN THE UNIT:
- Schema builder on playing tricks
- Vocabulary organizer and word cards
- Story elements
- Guiding Questions/Text Evidence
- Making connections
- My Favorite Trick
- Story Retelling
- Analyzing Text Column Notes
- Question Task Cards
- Narrative Writing Prompt including planning, drafting pages, writing checklist, and final draft pages for publishing.
21 pages in all.