Miss Rumphius Book Activities
Miss Rumphius is a sweet book about making a difference in the world. It's perfect for this time of year to highlight the importance of Earth Day, and this unit focuses on this theme with a class book for extension.
This book unit includes the following:
- schema building about how we can use our skills to help others
- vocabulary lesson materials
- questioning strategies using the QAR method including an anchor chart, foldable, guided practice pages, and independent work
- a story elements flapbook
- a four square thinking page
- and the writing prompt you can use for a class book (18 pages total).
It will last between 3-5 days depending on how quickly your students read and how much of the unit you choose to use. Be sure to check out the unit preview for details.