Making Comparisons Paper Bag Book
Making comparisons between what students know and what they are learning is a critical reading skill. This paper bag book is a wonderful teaching tool for modeling, practicing and applying the skill of comparing and contrasting literary features.
This project includes instructional pages to share compare and contrast language and methods of recording contrasting information. Students will work with pictures, with nonfiction texts, fictional texts, texts by the same author, and fairy tale versions as they complete the final project. There is a grading rubric included with each of the components the students complete.
- Compare and Contrast explanation and language
- Tools to Use for Comparing Texts
- Making Comparisons with Photos (t-chart), 2 sets
- Making Comparisons with Nonfiction (2 activities)
- Making Comparisons between Fiction and Nonfiction
- Making Comparisons between Fairy Tale Versions
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- The Three Little Pigs
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Teacher's Choice