Long E Paper Bag Book
Need a fun hands on project for teaching and practicing rhyming and spelling words with long E (Vowel Teams)? Look no further. This paper bag book project will help your students with rhyming by word family and will help them decode words in chunks. It is best for small group instruction in kindergarten or in a literacy workstation run by a parent volunteer or teaching assistant.
- Cover-Introducing the EAK family
- Building Words that Rhyme with Beak
- Listening for Words that Rhyme with EAK/EEK
- Building Words that Rhyme with EAT/EET
- Listening for Words that Rhyme with EAT/EET
- I Spy Words that Rhyme with EAK, EEK, EAT, AND EET
- Picture Sort for Words that Rhyme with EED/EAD AND EAL/EEL
- Draw and Label Words with EE/EA
*Differentiated building words pages for kindergarten. (pp 2, 4)
The final book is 8 pages in length and will take a week to complete. It requires 2 paper lunch bags to create.