Little Grunt and the Big Eggs
The skills addressed within the unit include:
- Developing story schema and vocabulary
- Story elements including characters, setting, and plot (multiple pages)
- Cause and effect relationships (anchor chart, teaching organizer, and independent matchbox foldable)
- Making inferences (anchor chart and flipbook project)
- Questioning skills for group discussion with recording sheet
- Class book project-Little Grunt's Big Adventures...22 pages total.
These activities would work well in a guided reading, with partner work, as a literacy workstation, or as a writing extension activity to accompany the book during writer's workshop.
© 2019 Comprehension Connection by Carla Fedeler All rights reserved.