Just Plain Fancy Book Activities
Just Plain Fancy by Patricia Polacco is a sweet story of courage and determination, and this comprehension focused bundle is great for guided reading groups, as a mentor text lesson for modeling, or as a book study for your lit circles with it's rich vocabulary and description.
This unit includes materials to use before/during/after reading in Full Color Digital using Google Slides TM and B/W PDF. It includes the following options:
- Alphaboxes about Amish Life
- Vocabulary foldable and Word Cards for Modeling
- Sequencing events (during and after reading activities
- Context Clues
- Cause and Effect
- Sketch to Stretch (visualizing)
- Story Elements
- Questioning Task Cards and Recording Form 4 pages
- Making Comparisons Written Response
- Class Book Cover
- Writing pages for Fancy Stories by a Fancy Class
For a detailed look at this unit, a preview is provided with most pages visible.