Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato Book Activities
Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato by Tomie DePaola is a fun tall tale perfect for St. Patty's Day . It is very rich with vocabulary and depth, and it works well for modeling characterization, questioning, story retellings, theme, and as a mentor text for writing.
- Schema Builder-St. Patrick's Day Alphaboxes
- Jamie O'Rourke and the Big Potato Vocabulary Organizer
- Character Traits (2 pages)
- Story Retelling (2 pages)
- Setting Described (visualizing)
- Author's Purpose (PIE...2 pages)
- Questioning Organizer
- A Look at Theme
- Writing in Response to Reading (Jamie O'Rourke's Adventures)
The unit is set up in a before/during/after format and includes printables and a writing prompt for post reading. 19 pages total. A preview of the materials included is attached, so be sure to look closely.