Henry and Mudge and the Wild Wind Activities
Henry and Mudge in the Wild Wind is a great choice to tie into your weather unit or for any time of year. This unit includes before/during/after activities for the book. Use the activities in guided reading, as mentor text lessons, with paired reading experiences, or for literature circles.
The skills addressed in this unit include the following:
- Quick Write about Storms
- Vocabulary organizer and word cards
- Plot Analysis-can be used with each chapter
- Character Traits-Finding Text Evidence
- Sequencing Events
- BME Summarizer
- Guided Questions Column Notes
- Analyzing the Story-Author’s Purpose, Genre, Point of View, and Theme
- Question Task Cards/Response form for Post Reading Discussion
- Cause and Effect Relationships-Use the anchor chart and foldable
- My Dog and I in the Wild Wind Writing Prompt/Class Book
For a detailed look at this unit, a preview is provided with most pages visible.
© 2019 Comprehension Connection by Carla Fedeler All rights reserved.