Growing Vegetable Soup Book Activities
Growing Vegetable Soup is a great book for the beginning reader, and these print and go comprehension focused pages will help your students connect to and comprehend the story. Skills are presented in a before, during, and after activities for the book.
- schema builder about gardening
- tier 2 vocabulary intro and practice
- sequencing events
- making connections
- thick and thin questions
- writing about reading (how to plant a garden)
- categorizing information (vocabulary)
- retelling (writing)
- question task cards and response sheet
- drawing elements of the story
For an idea of how the activities are structured, take a look at the preview images (zoom in if needed).