Goggles by Ezra Jack Keats is a GREAT book for the start of the year to help with building community and friendship. This PRINT AND GO bundle will make your lessons deepen understanding and truly help the book themes have more meaning for your students.
This guided reading and writing unit features the book as a mentor text. It focuses on the theme of bullying, and includes before, during, and after activities including extended responses.
- schema building activity
- book vocabulary and word cards
- cause and effect anchor chart and practice
- making connections
- characterization anchor chart and two activities
- making comparisons across texts
- story summarizing strategy chart and practice
- comprehension quiz
- written book response
- writing pages focused on the theme of bullying (4)
- 25 pages total