Frog and Toad Together
Frog and Toad Together is perfect for 1st and 2nd graders. This grab and go unit has 40 pages in all focused on comprehension including colorful graphic organizers, foldables, and activities.
HOW IS THE FROG AND TOAD TOGETHER UNIT HELP STUDENTS?
Your students will build schema, practice vocabulary before reading, deepen understanding and practice comprehension skills and strategies throughout the reading process. Additionally, they will work on constructing written responses that make use of text information. The Boom Card Deck is included for your students to have a comprehension check at the end of reading.
WHAT SKILLS ARE ADDRESSED IN THE FROG AND TOAD TOGETHER UNIT?
- ️ story elements
- ️ making predictions
- ️ cause and effect relationships
- ️ questioning
- ️making inferences
- ️problem and solution
- ️character traits
- ️and writing about reading with each chapter.
PLUS a 20 card Boom Deck for Digital Learning and Comprehension (text dependent questions, problem and solution, categorizing information, and sequencing events)
MORE ABOUT THE UNIT:
This unit would work in the second semester of first grade with stronger readers, with second grade, and struggling third grade readers. Teachers can pick the activities that best match the standards needed. The Boom Card Deck included can be used as a comprehension check or workstation activity.
WHAT TEACHERS HAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS UNIT:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Betsy T. says, "This is a great resource to use with these stories. It helped my students organize their thoughts and work on their comprehension."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Elisabeth P. says, "Used as focus group work for a para in my room. It worked great because they are working on comprehension and this covers many aspects of comprehension. Thanks!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Carole B. says, "Love your comprehension products. Thanks for saving my time and sanity!!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Theresa Stoufer (TpT Seller) says, "What an awesome first grade unit with so many activities to hit the standards."
OTHER ARNOLD LOBEL RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
To get the bundles, purchase the Arnold Lobel Author Study Bundle or the Frog and Toad Bundle.
THINGS TO KNOW REGARDING BOOM CARDS:
1) To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires.
2) For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks.
3) For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Click HERE to learn more.
4) The activities are perfect for guiding group discussion, for paired work if you are able to have students work together, for independent practice, or as an assessment tool to check understanding.
5) You can differentiate and assign some activities to one student and other activities to another student within your class with the paid account (recommended), and you can collect data based on performance.
6) NOTE-Once you make a Boom Card purchase, you will need your purchase ID and the link shared in your download. Copy that code to insert when you redeem the deck. If you have trouble finding your purchase ID, watch this video: https://youtu.be/ProQRTJXYEA
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.