Christmas Partner Play, Reindeer Themed Fluency Activity
Partner plays are great fun for students, but they also offer a way to build fluency and comprehension too. This Christmas partner play includes important vocabulary and before, during, and after activities for close reading and fluency practice. Pair it with and informational texts about caribou for a fun reindeer themed week.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THIS PARTNER PLAY?
This four page script can be used with intervention groups needing additional support, in a fluency literacy station during your small group rotations, or just for fun during the holidays. It is a combination of Reader's Theater and Close Reading offering deep thinking opportunities.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE?
- The Four Page Partner Play
- A Quick Write about Reindeer
- A vocabulary page to practice with using context clues and Word Cards
- Questioning task cards (12 cards) that hit the higher level of Blooms and require students to cite text evidence and explain their thinking with a response sheet
- A comprehension page for during or after that requires students to record text information
- The Elf Who Saved Christmas Writing Prompt or Retelling
MORE ABOUT THE RESOURCE:
The target grade level for this resource is third and fourth grades. It includes 17 pages total and takes about 3-4 lessons to complete all of the activities included.
For a detailed look at this unit, a watermarked preview is available showing all of the pages in the resource.
OTHER PARTNER PLAYS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- The Great Pumpkin Heist
- The Stubborn Reindeer
- Rockin' the Rock Cycle
- The Mystery of the Lost Mitten
- The Farmer and the Scarecrow
- Penguins on Parade
- Let's Learn about Veteran's Day
- Frosty's Magical Appearance
- Shiver Me Timbers! The Ocean's the Place for Me
- The Winner Takes the Pie
- Something Sharkie This Way Comes
- Tom's Lucky Day
- The Gift of Reading
- The Missing Cookie Mystery
OR....you can get them all at a great savings with the bundle:
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amy D. says, "Awesome activities to put to use before the holidays. My kids were engaged and enjoyed this. Definitely something I will turn to year after year."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Julie B. says, "My students and I loved the activities. It can be hard finding holiday activities that I can use to cover so many common core areas."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Joanne S. says, "Used this for a whole group fluency lesson. It was perfect"
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.