Berlioz the Bear Activities
Berlioz the Bear by Jan Brett is a classic tale. This guided reading unit for the book includes before, during, after activities in both black and white PDF for printing as well as full color for Google Slides TM. You can use the color version for skill modeling on your Smartboard or with your one-to-one devices (one page at a time) offering you many more options.
Skills addressed in this unit include the following:
- schema building about music, instruments, etc.
- tier 2 vocabulary introduction and practice
- making predictions with I Know, I See, I Wonder strategy
- story elements (story map)
- summarizing (The Important Thing)
- four square thinking map for post reading
- questioning task cards and response sheet
- writing in response to reading (17 pages total PDF and 17 pages Digital)