Beginning Reader Book Companion Bundle
This bundled set of beginning reader book companions will make planning so much easier for the K-1 teachers. The companions include vocabulary and comprehension activities your students can use in Guided Reading Groups, Literature Circles, or with a partner.
Titles include the following:
- Biscuit by Alyssa Capicilli
- Biscuit and the Little Pup by Alyssa Capicilli
- Biscuit and the Big City by Alyssa Capicilli
- Mittens by Lola Schaefer
- Follow Me, MIttens by Lola Schaefer
- The Fall Festival by Mercer Mayer, and
- Just Critters Who Care by Mercer Mayer
Materials are presented in a before/during/after fashion. Skills include the following:
- prereading schema building
- vocabulary activities
- making connections
- beginning, middle, end
- making comparisons
- retelling story plot
- character traits
- comparing fiction and nonfiction
- written projects.
The unit bundle includes between 15-20 pages of activities for each title...approximately 110 pages total. Please view the preview files to see exactly what you will be purchasing. For details for each title, you can click the links below or look through the preview pdfs.