Bear Feels Scared Book Activities
is about Bear getting caught in a storm. Themes explored through this book include storm safety and helping others. This resource is geared to address vocabulary and reading comprehension skills. It's set up in a before-during-after format with the options for skills listed below. The resource works well for guided reading groups, for whole group modeling (mentor text lessons), and for partner work.
Skills addressed in this unit include:
- schema building
- story plot (problem/solution)
- character traits (character webs)
- author's purpose
- point of view (flipbook foldable)
- cause and effect
- making connections
- questioning (10 questions to check comprehension)
- 16 pages (Lapbook for Bear Research)
- Class Book about Bears (3 pages)
The book level is a strong second grade level, but the book would work well as a read aloud for younger readers to model skills in either small or whole group.