What is Question-Answer Relationship?
- Right there…one place
- Think and Search…multiple places
- Author and Me…inference type questions
- On My Own…no book needed…solely opinion
After practicing with teacher made questions, I move on to having my students develop their own questions to go with their reading. They put them on sticky notes and we sort them on a chart I made (a four column chart). Another option is to have students pair up and practice reading, sorting, and answering each other’s questions.
Helpful QAR Resources:
Mentor Texts for Questioning:
- Hooway for Wodney Wat by Mem Fox
- Tuesday by David Weisner
- Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel
- Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg and
- Piggie Pie by Margie Palantini